Welcome to the KADEP Blog!

The King Adult Day Enrichment Program (KADEP) - Come thrive with us!

KADEP is a life-affirming day program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS), brain injury, and other acquired neurological conditions. Our mission is to promote the functioning, wellness, independence and life enjoyment of younger adults, ages 18 and up, with neurological challenges.


For information about KADEP or to schedule a tour, please call 303-433-6887 or email KADEPinfo@mscenter.org

Friday, May 13, 2011

Welcome Therapeutic Recreation Interns, Amanda and Rachel!





Amanda:

As an outdoor enthusiast, I have always been drawn to the mountains. In 2009 I learned about the therapeutic recreation program at Metro State, packed my bags and headed west from Peoria, Illinois to complete a bachelors degree. I enjoy hiking, camping, boating, snowboarding, and climbing. I love music, go to shows, play the hand drum and listen to records as often as I can. Ultimately, I am a people person and enjoy a great conversation. Through Metro State I learned a lot about KADEP and I’m so glad to have landed here. I already feel at home and I’m excited for the eventful summer to come!








Rachel:


I moved to Colorado from State College, Pennsylvania to Intern at KADEP. I attend Penn State Main Campus studying Therapeutic Recreation. I’ve lived in PA all my life and so far, the weather is much nicer here in Colorado! I love the outdoors. I have a German Shepherd named Max at home and I take him year round to run and swim in the State Game Lands. In the summer, I look forward to camping and backpacking trips. In the winter, I ski (when I have time). I’m an avid reader and have a hard time putting a book down once I’ve started it. I’m looking forward to an awesome summer filled with fun here at KADEP!



KADEP welcomes Amanda and Rachel.  They will be with us all summer!  Introduce yourself to them.

No comments: