Welcome to the KADEP Blog!

The King Adult Day Enrichment Program (KADEP) - Come thrive with us!

KADEP is a life-affirming day program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS), brain injury, and other acquired neurological conditions. Our mission is to promote the functioning, wellness, independence and life enjoyment of younger adults, ages 18 and up, with neurological challenges.


For information about KADEP or to schedule a tour, please call 303-433-6887 or email KADEPinfo@mscenter.org

Monday, March 1, 2010

March is MS Awareness Month


A brilliant poem written by KADEP participant Christine Payne about her life with MS:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There's a monster in my house
I can't see him but I know he's there.
He's a kleptomaniac he steals from me
And he sometimes brings it back.
He stole my vision one time,
I was blind for awhile and
then brought some of it back.
He stole my cognition from me,
I used to know what cognitive meant
But I forgot.
I was looking for a monster under
my bed and hit my head.
"Who are you?" I cried in distress.
In a sinister voice, he replied
"I'm an autoimmune disease and my name is MS."
 
 
Thank you, Christine, for sharing your talent with us!

1 comment:

Isaiah said...

"Thanks".