Welcome to the KADEP Blog!

The King Adult Day Enrichment Program (KADEP) - Come thrive with us!

KADEP is a life-affirming day program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS), brain injury, and other acquired neurological conditions. Our mission is to promote the functioning, wellness, independence and life enjoyment of younger adults, ages 18 and up, with neurological challenges.


For information about KADEP or to schedule a tour, please call 303-433-6887 or email KADEPinfo@mscenter.org

Friday, November 20, 2009

KADEP Capital Campaign!


As you may have heard, KADEP is excitedly awaiting the move to our new home!  We are thrilled about this relocation have some very exciting news to share with you:
We have officially launched the KADEP Capital Campaign!

Through the course of many zoning meetings, and thanks to the dedication of MS Center Board Member, Adam Writer, the Adams County School District has recognized KADEP as a welcome neighbor. Our new home, formerly the Vista Grande Elementary School at 8845 Wagner Street (near 88th and Sheridan), is the original building we fell in love with a year ago.

Today, I am asking for your financial support to keep this outstanding program alive. We need your help now more than ever as we relocate to the new space! Though we have received generous funding from several foundations, including our namesake, the Kenneth King Foundation, we still need to raise $400,000 by year end. Your support of any amount will help us achieve our dream.

Please make a tax deductible donation today!  You may go to http://www.mscenter.org/ to make a donation.  Please specify the donation toward the KADEP Capital Campaign.  You may also call 303-433-6887 or email hartman@mscenter.org if you are willing to help us make our dream come true!

Here are a few words from KADEP participant Rachelle Cardinal: 

“I have been a client says the doors opened in 1991.  I believe KADEP saved my life.  It was at KADEP when I started fighting my MS.  I used to think my body had given up on me, but KADEP won’t let that happen.  It was at KADEP where I found the love and encouragement to not give up on myself and to know that my MS did not have me...There is no place like KADEP in the whole world.  People understand you here and are willing to stand by you during your hardships.  Most importantly it is the love and encouragement at KADEP and you can feel it when you walk through the door.” 

Thank you so much for your continued support toward the KADEP Capital Campaign!





No comments: