Welcome to the KADEP Blog!

The King Adult Day Enrichment Program (KADEP) - Come thrive with us!

KADEP is a life-affirming day program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS), brain injury, and other acquired neurological conditions. Our mission is to promote the functioning, wellness, independence and life enjoyment of younger adults, ages 18 and up, with neurological challenges.


For information about KADEP or to schedule a tour, please call 303-433-6887 or email KADEPinfo@mscenter.org

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Welcome Betty























KADEP welcomes Betty, one our new Nurses!

As you already know my name is Betty Mason.



I was born and raised in Sterling, Illinois but consider myself a Colorado “native” since I’ve lived and worked in the Denver Metroplex for 33 years. I’m an LPN and pretty proud of myself for sticking with it and not abandoning my “LPN family” for an RN degree and more money. As an LPN I’ve been blessed to have had the “hands on” care of so many physically and emotionally compromised individuals living in our communities loving every moment of it.


I’m honored to be back here at KADEP as the center's nurse doing what I love, interacting with clients and meeting needs that are certainly not “high tech” by any means but more about the heart and giving to a population that seem to me to be thankful for any small act of kindness.


During the time I was gone from KADEP, the middle of my three sons was diagnosed with MS. How ironic, huh?


Now being back has a much greater purpose to me and to Noah, my son. Fortunately he was zapped onto copaxone quickly and has no noticeable effects at this point.


It’s exciting to me to be on the “cutting edge” of what’s happening between KADEP and the MS Center here in the new building and I just can’t wait to see what the future brings!




Thank you all for this opportunity!

Betty, we are thrilled to have you back at KADEP!

No comments: