Welcome to the KADEP Blog!

The King Adult Day Enrichment Program (KADEP) - Come thrive with us!

KADEP is a life-affirming day program for people with multiple sclerosis (MS), brain injury, and other acquired neurological conditions. Our mission is to promote the functioning, wellness, independence and life enjoyment of younger adults, ages 18 and up, with neurological challenges.


For information about KADEP or to schedule a tour, please call 303-433-6887 or email KADEPinfo@mscenter.org

Friday, March 23, 2012

"Goodbye KADEP," says the Social Worker



I have worked at KADEP for over four years. A lot has happened in that time. I have gotten married to my lovely wife, became a fully licensed social worker and learned I am having a baby girl. Throughout it all, you have been there with me and I thank you for that. I can truthfully say that working at KADEP has been the most rewarding and enjoyable job I have ever had. I think that is proven by the fact that this is also the longest job I have ever had. If I had to pick one activity at KADEP that I enjoyed doing the most, my first instinct would be to identify working the ski trips at Breckenridge as my favorite. However, the truth is that there have been so many things that I have enjoyed doing at KADEP. The fact is, it is that you, the clients that have made my experience at KADEP so awesome. You all have enriched my life in so many ways. Thank you so very much!


So where am I moving on to? I will be working for DaVita, a really big dialysis company. I will be helping the clients there deal with Medicaid, getting an organ transplant and all sorts of other stuff. I feel fortunate because I feel that I am able to do what I need to do in order to be best prepared for when my daughter gets dropped of via stork on July 20th ; ).

I feel that I am really entering a whole new phase in my life and I am super stoked! However, it has not been easy to say goodbye to you all. KADEP really is a family too.

I cannot say enough about you guys. I will just leave it at letting you all know that you make me feel very special. You all are one of a kind!

Goodbye and take care of yourselves!

Chris Dunbar




No comments: